Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details. It may also include financial information, including your credit card information.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- phone number
- email address
- IP address of the computer you are using
- information about the goods or services you have ordered
- information from enquiries you have made
- communications between us
- credit card information
- information you provide to us through customer surveys
How do we collect your personal information?
We may collect these types of personal information when you:
- register on our website;
- when you purchase a product or service from us;
- communicate with us through email, or when you share information with us from other services or websites; or
- interact with our sites, services, content and advertising.
Why do we collect personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our website;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you;
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us; and
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users.
Using our website and cookies
- We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website.
- While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may hold your personal information in electronic form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Access to your personal information
- You are solely responsible for ensuring that your personal information is accurate, current, and complete.
- You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at email@example.com. For your protection, we may require you to confirm your identity before access to your personal information is granted.
- You may opt out of any future contact from us at any time. You may also ask us to change, correct, destroy, or return any of your personal information that we hold.
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
Complaints and procedures
If you have any complaints or queries about our privacy practices, please feel free to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We take your complaints very seriously and will endeavour to rectify your concerns as soon as possible.